Sunday, March 29, 2009

First test


OK, so I designed this machine to get me to work, 17 miles from my home. After the first ride, I drained the pack to the point of damaging a few of the cells. It was a very expensive ride indeed. This happened especially because the front brakes somehow managed to lock down on their own, drawing many wasted amps from the pack. One of the cells managed to bubble past the cage I made for it, so I will have to do a bit of work to get this thing back to its awesome state where it belongs. Needless to say, it does not do what I need it to do so I have decided to sell the machine. Someone will be very happy to own this vehicle, maybe this will finance my next one?

To do list:

1) install metal sheets in the end of the cages to resist battery bulge
2) re-test the BMS, I think I may have damaged one or two of the cell shunts
3) Back off the front brake caliper adjustment.
4) Apply "EFZR16kW" decals that should arrive this week.
5) Bring it to Thunderstruck Motors to get the controller programed
6) Sell it, preferably for a profit considering my time and cash investment

No comments:

Post a Comment